Goals for Student Achievement
The University graduate will:
- Have knowledge in the humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, natural sciences and mathematics.
- Be able to communicate effectively through the spoken word, the written word, and the use of other abstract symbol systems.
- Be able to think critically and solve problems.
- Possess the attributes of growth: ability, tolerance, self-reliance, compassion, and a love of learning.
- Have a commitment to high moral and ethical standards.
- Have knowledge of Seventh-day Adventist values and beliefs.
- Possess leadership skills and a commitment to service.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and personal attributes to function effectively in the workplace.
- Possess cultural sensitivity and a global perspective.
In 2014-2015 the returning rate for first-time freshmen who entered Southwestern Adventist University in 2013-2014 was 69%.
Completion/Graduation Rates (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates.*
In 2013-2014 the completion or graduation rate for students who entered Southwestern Adventist University in the fall of 2008 was 40 or 36%.
Placement of Employment.*
Job Placement Rates.*(Graduating class of 2013-2014 with 144 graduates)
- 89 or 62% employed in their profession
- 16 or 11% are furthering their studies in graduate school
- 8 or 6% are not working or taking advanced education in their field
- 29 or 20% are unaccounted for.
- 2 or 1% are missionaries.
Types of Graduate and Professional Education In Which Institution's Graduates Enrolled.*
Most of our graduates who continue with their education do so at Loma Linda University or here at Southwestern Adventist University.
(This information was gathered by student surveys conducted by the faculty and staff at Southwestern Adventist University during the spring of 2014.)