Goals for Student Achievement
The University graduate will:
- Have knowledge in the humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, natural sciences and mathematics.
- Be able to communicate effectively through the spoken word, the written word, and the use of other abstract symbol systems.
- Be able to think critically and solve problems.
- Possess the attributes of growth: ability, tolerance, self-reliance, compassion, and a love of learning.
- Have a commitment to high moral and ethical standards.
- Have knowledge of Seventh-day Adventist values and beliefs.
- Possess leadership skills and a commitment to service.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and personal attributes to function effectively in the workplace.
- Possess cultural sensitivity and a global perspective.
In 2013-2014 the returning rate for first-time freshmen who entered Southwestern Adventist University in 2012-2013 was 71%.
Completion/Graduation Rates (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates.*
In 2012-2013 the completion or graduation rate for students who entered Southwestern Adventist University in the fall of 2007 was 39%.
Placement of Employment.*
Job Placement Rates.*(Graduating class of 2012-2013 with 162 graduates)
- 78 or 49% employed in their profession
- 26 or 16% are furthering their studies in graduate school
- 5 or 3% are not working or taking advanced education in their field
- 52 or 32% are unaccounted for.
Types of Graduate and Professional Education In Which Institution's Graduates Enrolled.*
Most of our graduates who continue with their education do so at Loma Linda University or here at Southwestern Adventist University.
(This information was gathered by student surveys conducted by the faculty and staff at Southwestern Adventist University during the spring of 2014.)