For Family, Friends and Guests
The graduation ceremonies at Southwestern Adventist University are both formal academic ceremonies and religious services. We want to honor the candidates for graduation on this joyous occasion, but even more we want to honor God. We require that all participants in the services behave with appropriate dignity. This year’s ceremonies will take place on May 9-11, 2014.
- Confetti, air horns, and silly string must not be used in the Leiske-Pultar Gym or the Keene Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Guests are not to bring placards or signs to the ceremonies.
- Under no circumstances are guests to stand on seats, thus blocking views of the ceremony.
- Fire regulations forbid anyone to congregate or sit on the stairs or in the aisles.
- Only the official photographer and other photographers employed by the University may take photographs in the roped-off area at the front of the auditorium.
- Video tripods cannot block aisles.
Guests with special needs may telephone Silvia Collins in the Academic Administration office at (817) 202-6211 or email her at silviac[at]swau.edu. An accessible section with a good view is reserved for guests in wheelchairs along with one attendant.
Shuttle services to the gymnasium from satellite parking areas will be available during the Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies.
This will be a ticketed event. More information regarding tickets will be announced at a future time.
Calendar of Events for May Graduation
Thursday, May 8
4:00 p.m. Rehearsal: Candidates for graduation will need to be at the gymnasium by 4:00 p.m.
Friday, May 9
8:00 p.m. Consecration: Consecration will take place at the Keene Seventh-day Adventist Church.
A Reception for candidates for graduation and their parents will follow in the Chan Shun Centennial Library.
Sabbath, May 10
10:00 a.m. Sabbath School at the Leiske-Pultar Gymnasium.
11:30 a.m. Baccalaureate at the Leiske-Pultar Gymnasium.
Sunday, May 11
10:00 a.m. Commencement:
This will take place at the Leiske-Pultar Gymnasium. A reception for the candidates for graduation and their guests will follow on the lawn between the Committee of 100 Cafeteria and Pechero Hall.
For questions regarding any of this information, guests may call Susan Grady at (817) 202-6202 or Silvia Collins at (817) 202-6211.