1. Admission to Southwestern's BS Nursing Program is on a space available basis and will be granted after successful completion of all steps in the Application Process and all the Admission Course Requirements. The most qualified applicants are given first consideration. The factors considered are:
- All Pre-Nursing courses completed
- GPA – Cumulative and Science
- HESI Nursing Admission Assessment Exam scores
- Completion of Nursing Application, Professional Reference Letters, Health Records, and FAST Pass fingerprints
- Enrollment at Southwestern in the pre-nursing program for at least one semester
- Possession of a previous bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university.
2. Payment of Nursing Fees are due upon receipt of letter of acceptance to Nursing:
- $400 Nursing Deposit to reserve a place in the January class.
- $50 Drug Testing fee. Testing to take place on campus at the beginning of the semester.
3. Orientation: All newly admitted nursing students are required to attend the nursing orientation prior to the beginning of the spring semester. Failure to attend will forfeit admission to the program.
4. Uniforms: Information will be provided during orientation and a designated provider will be on hand to take orders for uniforms and other supplies.