1. Apply Online to Southwestern and the Nursing Program.
2. Print three reference forms from this webpage or use copies provided by the Nursing Admissions Office. Fill in your name and the name of the person who will be writing the reference for you (teacher, employer, supervisor, etc). Sign your name on either line A or B, waiving or not waiving your right to inspect the recommendation. Give the form to the person who will be writing the reference, asking the person to complete the form and mail it to the Admissions Director in the Department of Nursing.
Reference Form (PDF) [Adobe Acrobat Required]
Send completed forms to:
- Director of Admissions
- Department of Nursing
- Southwestern Adventist University
- Keene, TX 76059
3. Have your high school transcript (and all college or university transcripts, if applicable) sent to:
Southwestern Adventist University
Keene, TX 76059
4. Send copies of Health Records to Nursing Admissions office by November 30 for spring admission. Current immunization or proof of immunity to:
Tetanus/diphtheria (Td within the past 10 years); Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR); Varicella (chicken pox); Hepatitis B (series of three); TB skin test (renewable once a year) or Chest X-ray (every three years); Physical Exam Report and copy of Health Care Provider CPR Certification.
5. Successfully complete at least 50 semester hours of pre-requisite, cognate, and general education requirements.
6. Successfully complete the Nursing Admission Exam. Overall score and Language Skills Average of at least 80% are required.
7. Complete an interview with Nursing faculty.