Success is measured by taking the road less traveled and learning from the triumph over obstacles encountered on the journey.
The mission of CASA is to provide academic, social, and career advising primarily to undeclared majors, and students transitioning from one academic discipline to another. The center also supports all students on campus by providing clear and timely guidance in the exploration and clarification of life skills, selecting a major course of study, class registration, and developing educational and career goals and plans.
The center provides a wide range of tutoring services to students who are undergoing difficulties in their classes, and offers specialty workshops throughout the academic year for students desiring to improve test taking abilities, manage life’s challenges, and develop proven strategies to cope with anxiety resulting from stress.
CASA staff works in partnership with campus administrators, other staff, and faculty, to ensure all students are equipped with the necessary academic skills, social support, desirable social aptitude, and the critical programmatic information needed to become successful as they progress towards their baccalaureate degree or advanced degree, and secure their career of choice prior to graduation.
CASA is highly committed to ensuring student success through the following initiatives…
- Center staff will work with students to clarify and decode their strengths, interests, and values enabling them to chart a realistic path to success.
- Actively listen to students’ issues, concerns, problems, questions, and provide guidance based on what works to retain them.
- Assist students in developing their coping sensibilities, problem-solving skills, and decision-making approach to attain their stated goals.
- Provide clear, accurate, and consistent information regarding the university's policies, procedures, regulations and resources.
- Assist students in developing an educational plan consistent with their career aspirations or vocation, and monitor their progress towards the fulfillment of their plan.
- Encourage and motivate students to excel beyond their self-imposed limitations by allowing them to see the endless possibilities ahead.