1. Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students Only
A. Apply Online to Southwestern.
For your convenience you may apply directly through NursingCas
B. Obtain two Professional Reference Letters. Please print Personal Reference Forms or use copies provided by the Nursing Department.
Send completed forms to: Admissions Office, Southwestern Adventist University, 100 W. Hillcrest St., Keene, TX 76059.
C. Official transcripts from all schools attended, send to: Admissions Office, Southwestern Adventist University, 100 W. Hillcrest St., Keene TX 76059
D. Successfully complete at least 49 semester credit hours of Nursing pre-requisites, Nursing cognate, and General Education requirements.
E. Successfully complete the TEAS Nursing Admission Exam with score of proficient level or higher. Register for the TEAS exam at www.atitesting.com and select Southwestern Adventist University. Call 817-202-6658 for testing dates if not listed.
Admission to Southwestern’s BS Nursing Program is limited, with a new group admitted each Spring semester. To be considered for admission an applicant must successfully complete all requirements and submit all required documents and forms. The most qualified applicants are given first consideration.
The factors considered are:
- All Pre-Nursing courses completed
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Science GPA
- English Comp GPA
- TEAS Nursing Admission Assessment Exam scores
- Professional reference letters
- Transcripts from all schools attended
- Two professional reference letters
- TEAS exam
- Notification of Admissions status
- $200 Nursing Commitment Deposit submitted to the Admissions Office
- Registration open for spring classes
- Be at registration Step 6
- Set up CastleBranch document account ($25 fee) and upload all required documents
- Physician’s report of physical exam
- Current immunizations (MMR, HepB, Varicella, TB, Tdap, Influenza)
- CPR Card (American Heart Association – Basic Life Support)
- Complete fingerprinting process through CastleBranch ($48 fee)
- Nursing orientation:
All newly admitted nursing students are required to attend nursing orientation prior to the beginning of the spring semester. Failure to attend will forfeit admission to the program.
Uniforms: A designated provider will be on hand to take orders for uniforms and other supplies during orientation.
- Classes begin
- During the first semester of the Nursing program an additional background check ($40) and drug screen ($39) will be required.
3. Nursing Program Fee
Nursing program fee of $500 will be applied to your account when you register for Spring classes. This is a one-time fee that goes toward use of ATI, a comprehensive online learning and testing resource used throughout your nursing program.