Skip to main content
- Apply Online to Southwestern and the Nursing Program at www.swau.edu.
- Obtain three Professional Reference Letters. Print three Personal Reference Forms or use copies provided by the Nursing Department. Send completed forms to: Admissions Office, Southwestern Adventist University, 100 W. Hillcrest, Keene, TX 76059.
- Official transcripts of all schools attended must be sent to: Admissions Office, Southwestern Adventist University, 100 W. Hillcrest, Keene, TX 76059
- Successfully complete at least 49 semester credit hours of Nursing Pre-requisite, Nursing cognate, and General Education requirements. See next page or look at the degree plan.
- Successfully complete the TEAS Nursing Admission Exam. Call 817-202-6658 for testing appointment.
- Send copies of Health Records to the Nursing Department
- Physician’s Report of Physical Examination
- Current immunization or positive titer for: Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis), MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, MCV (meningitis, if under age 30), Influenza (yearly Flu shot)
- TB Test: yearly PPD or Chest X-Ray every 3 years
- Current CPR for the Healthcare Provider by the American Heart Association
- Complete an interview with a nursing advisor.
- Deadline for completion of all items listed above is August 15.