Are you Experiencing Depression symptoms?
If what you have read sounds familiar, if you are experiencing similar feelings and symptoms, we encourage you to do the following:
- Seek professional health and support6.
- Do things that make you feel good and are positive choices that enhance healthy living5.
- Implement things that you can do to help yourself 4. This includes:
- Regular physical activity. You may refer to https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/in-depth/depression-and-exercise/art-20046495 for ideas more details.
- Use of light therapy. You may refer to https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/light-therapy/about/pac-20384604 for more details.
- It may be that using dietary supplements such as SAMe (S-adenoyyl-L-methionine will be helpful. You may refer to https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-same/art-20364924 for more details.
Just need an Attitude Adjustment?
Maybe you are not experiencing the feelings and symptoms that have been described, but in general want inspiration for a more positive life that sets your emotions on a more even keel.
There are a couple of books and a chapter or two that might inspire you:
Recently I finished reading a great book by John Kralik- “A Simple Act of Gratitude”. He relates an amazing story about the changes that occurred in his life as he began to include gratitude in his daily activities. You’ll need to read the book for the details, but one thing he did really impressed me. He began writing thank you notes. For him this was challenging at first. Who and what did he have to be thankful for? He weaves a fascinating story in the midst of telling about writing 365 notes over the course of a year. I suggest that choosing thankfulness and acting on it can be very powerful and potentially change your life!
The Bible is full of examples of people who struggled with depression, such as Job in the Book of Job, Elijah in I Kings 19, and Jeremiah in the book Jeremiah.
In a book entitled Ministry of Health, there is a chapter labeled “Mind Cure” and another one “Help in Daily Living”. You can access these chapters through a hard copy book, or free through an online format, or with a mobile app: https://www.ellenwhite.info/books/bk-mh-18.htm or https://ellenwhiteaudio.org/ministry-of-healing/ You might find the inspired words from author Ellen G. White very helpful. This writer has certainly been encouraged and trust that you will be also.
Here are a few choice quotes:
“When the sunlight of God’s love illuminates the darkened chambers of the soul, restless weariness and dissatisfaction will cease, and satisfying joys will give vigor to the mind, and health and energy to the body” (page 247).”
“Good deeds are twice a blessing, benefiting both the giver and the receiver of the kindness” p. 257.
“Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us of which we know nothing. Those who accept the principle of making the service of God supreme, will find perplexities vanish, and a plain path before their feet” p.481).
We encourage you to find gems of inspiration that will support your journey to optimal health and well-being.