Are you a motivated student who needs flexibility because of family, work, or other commitments? Do you want to pursue higher education opportunities, but you just can't attend classes on campus regularly?
Our Distance Education Program has been empowering non-traditional students to complete undergraduate degrees for more than 35 years. With Southwestern, you take courses from the same professors as on-campus students. Content, objectives, and outcomes are the same as well. Southwestern focuses on a select number of programs and courses for delivery through distance education, with faculty and staff firmly committed to helping students complete their programs.
Distance Education courses offered by Southwestern are also available for traditional, on-campus undergraduate students during the summer. In addition, post-baccalaureate students interested in completing the requirements for teacher certification may do so through Distance Education. All courses require the student to have access to the internet and e-mail.
Southwestern Adventist University is approved by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) to offer Distance Education to students in member states. See nc-sara.org to find out if your state is a participant.
The Dual Credit program at Southwestern Adventist University offers qualified junior and senior high school students an opportunity to earn college credit while completing high school requirements. Dual Credit courses are taught by university faculty on the Southwestern campus OR at the high school by qualified high school instructors who meet the same criteria as college faculty.
As a Dual Credit student, you can:
- Save money on college tuition.
- Finish college faster.
- Enjoy an easier transition to college-level coursework and college life.
- 3.0 high school GPA, or ACT composite 23, or SAT ERW and Math of 1140 (one of these)
- An acceptable citizenship and attendance record
- Home School students need to provide a transcript
- High School and Academy students need verification from their registrar
Courses currently available
Distance Education Dual Credit Courses:
- RELT 101 Christian Beliefs
- HIST 111, 112 US History
- ENGL 121 Freshman Composition
- BIOL 103 Human Biology
- COMM 111 Speech
- PLSC 211 National and Texas Constitutions
- MATH 110 College Algebra (requires math placement evaluation)
Dual Credit Courses Available On-Campus:*
- CHIN 111, 112 Elementary Chinese
- CHIN 211, 212 Intermediate Chinese
- PORT 111, 112 Elementary Portuguese
- PORT 211, 212 Intermediate Portuguese
- SPAN 111, 112 Elementary Spanish
- SPAN 211, 212 Intermediate Spanish
*Other 100-level courses available by permission of the instructor.
Most courses are offered for $100/credit hour.
Must enroll by August 20 for Fall 2017.
Contact Jason Kowarsch at email@example.com or 817-202-6270 to get started!