General & Interdisciplinary Studies
A bachelor’s degree built to fit your career interests
So you’re not sure what you’d like to major in yet, and that’s okay! Many have interests that don’t fit a standard major program. Southwestern Adventist University’s bachelor’s degree in General or Interdisciplinary Studies gives you the option to build your program around your interests. You start with choosing one or two emphases that are suited to you and build it around your skills. A degree in Interdisciplinary Studies program even lets you add an area of emphasis not offered on campus.
Both of these programs are designed for students who:
- Want to combine two or more areas of emphases to create a major that fits your skills and interests.
- Have a desire to attend Southwestern Adventist University but are looking for a career that SWAU doesn’t offer a major for or that overlaps multiple existing majors.
- Choose to attend SWAU, but have career goals that require a general associate's or bachelor's degree rather than a specific major.
- Encountered a significant hurdle in a specific major but want to complete a degree in order to secure employment as a college graduate.
- Desire to apply credits earned as part of an AAS degree toward a bachelor's degree.
SWAU’s General and Interdisciplinary Studies programs provide flexible, multidisciplinary curricula that challenge students to achieve proficiency in several subjects rather than focusing on one major area of study.
Does this sound like the perfect degree for you? Fill out the Request Information form and let’s chat!
For more information, visit the catalog.