Guaranteed Nursing Program Admission
Southwestern Adventist University offers guaranteed nursing admission to qualified first time, full-time freshmen students majoring in nursing. If selected, the student is granted admission preference and will not have to participate in the competitive application process in their sophomore year. Students must remain in good standing and meet all nursing department requirements to be granted full admission.
Who is eligible?
High school seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Admission to Southwestern Adventist University
- High school cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.00 scale
- Minimum ACT 24 or SAT 1180
- Declare nursing as intended major
If selected, what is required for admission into the BSN program?
- Student must keep a college GPA of 3.0 or above
- Successfully complete all nursing pre-requisite courses
- Be a full-time student at SWAU
- No repeated college courses
- TEAS score: proficient level or above
Students who maintain these criteria will not have to submit a separate nursing application. They will be automatically admitted to the program. Students who do not maintain the abovelisted criteria will forfeit their guaranteed admission. They may still apply for admission to the nursing program following the traditional process and will be given full consideration through that process.
If all your questions have not been answered...
Please contact the Director of Admission at 817-202-6733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.