The Master of Arts in Counseling at Southwestern Adventist University is designed to develop and deliver a program that ensures the highest of counseling preparation and performance. Southwestern is a recognized contributor in the field of counseling through effective teaching, quality research, and meaningful service. The University is committed to the advancement of counseling in the mental health and school environments, at all levels, and for all students, especially graduate Christian education within the Adventist system of values.
The objectives of the M.A. in Counseling program are:
- To promote excellence in graduate education through exemplary teaching, research, practice, and service.
- To prepare competent counselors for both public and private mental health and school settings.
- To improve human cognitive, academic, physical, emotional, social development and performance.
Master of Arts degree in Counseling
- School Counseling
- Counseling Psychology
The future is bright, and the need is great in both education and psychology. These are not areas that students pursue with plans on becoming rich, but they can be fulfilling careers, filled with opportunities to touch people’s lives and help many young people grow into responsible adults.
Sample Job Titles
- Superintendent of Schools
- Speech Pathology
- Special Education Teacher
- Technology Director
- Curriculum Director
- Social Services Case Manager
- Probation Officer
- Psychology Technician
Average Salary of a Private Practice Clinical Therapist