The Master of Education program is designed to develop and deliver an education program that ensures the highest of teacher preparation and performance. Southwestern is a recognized contributor in the field of educational research and practice through effective teaching, quality research and meaningful service. The University is committed to the advancement of teaching and learning in all educational environments, at all levels, and for all students, especially graduate Christian education within the Adventist system of values.
The specific aims of the M.Ed. program are as follows:
- To promote excellence in graduate education through teaching, research and service.
- To prepare competent teachers, administrators and other professional specialists for service in the field of education.
- To conduct research, disseminate new knowledge and develop applications of existing knowledge.
- To improve human cognitive, academic, physical, emotional, social development and performance.
Masters of Education degree
- Masters of Education, Leadership Emphasis
- Masters of Education, Reading Emphasis