The Master of Education program is designed to develop and deliver an education program that ensures the highest of teacher preparation and performance. Southwestern is a recognized contributor in the field of educational research and practice through effective teaching, quality research and meaningful service. The University is committed to the advancement of teaching and learning in all educational environments, at all levels, and for all students, especially graduate Christian education within the Adventist system of values.
The specific aims of the M.Ed. program are are follows:
- To promote excellence in graduate education through teaching, research and service.
- To prepare competent teachers, administrators and other professional specialists for service in the field of education.
- To conduct research, disseminate new knowledge and develop applications of existing knowledge.
- To improve human cognitive, academic, physical, emotional, social development and performance.
The future is bright, and the need is great in both education and psychology. These are not areas that students pursue with plans on becoming rich, but they can be fulfilling careers, filled with opportunities to touch people’s lives and help many young people grow into responsible adults.
- Superintendent of Schools
- Speech Pathology
- Special Education Teacher
- Technology Director
- Curriculum Director
- Social Services Case Manager
- Probation Officer
- Psychology Technician
Average Salary of a Private Practice Clinical Therapist