Are you ready to jump in and get started with the admission requirements for a degree in Nursing? You have come to the right page! Find the admissions requirements below, and follow the steps carefully.
Admission to SWAU’s BS Nursing Program is limited with a new group admitted each Fall and Spring semester. To be considered for admission, you must successfully complete all requirements and submit all required documents and forms. The most qualified applicant will be given first consideration.
The factors considered are:
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
- TEAS Nursing Admission Assessment Exam scores
- Professional reference letters
- Pre-nursing courses taken at Southwestern Adventist University
Admissions Requirements for Transfer Students Only
- Apply online to Southwestern Adventist University. For your convenience, you may apply directly through NursingCas.
- Obtain two Professional Reference Letters (Please use copies provided by the Nursing Department).
- Send Official Transcripts from all schools attended.**
- Successfully complete at least 49 semester credit hours of Nursing pre-requisites, Nursing cognate, and General Education requirements.
- Successfully complete the TEAS Nursing Admission Exam* with an overall score of proficient level or higher.
*Register for the TEAS exam at www.atitesting.com and select Keene - Southwestern Adventist University. If the testing dates are not listed, please call 817-202-6658.
**All forms for admissions including Official Transcripts and Personal Reference Forms can be sent to:
Admissions Office, Southwestern Adventist University 100 W. Hillcrest St., Keene, TX 76059