is an affiliation of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033 or 404-679-4500 for questions about accreditation.
In addition the University is currently accredited by the following accrediting bodies:
Adventist Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities
The Department of Business Administration at Southwestern Adventist University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a listing of accredited programs, click here.
Texas Education Agency. Contact the TEA at 1701 N. Congress Avenue, Austin, TX 78701 or 512-463-9734 for questions about accreditation.
Texas Board of Nursing. Contact the Texas BON at 333 Guadalupe, Suite 3-460, Austin, TX 78701-3944 or 512-305-7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Contact the CCNE at One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036-1120 or call (202) 887-6791.
The University is a member of the following:
- National League for Nursing
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Council of Independent Colleges
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements