Mission: SWAU leadership working in partnership with community representatives and agencies to provide support for the well-being of our neighbors.
Vision: Collaboration with the community to support engagement in whole-person wellness enterprises.
The Center for Wellness Integration represents SWAU’s commitment to serve our community and surrounding areas. To do this, Faculty and Staff will work together to
- Advocate for the health and wellness of community residents
- Utilize the experience and expertise of campus leaders and professors in collaboration with students to serve area communities in meaningful ways
- Support and partner with area initiatives and agencies in pursuit of assessing needs, and developing and implementing interventions to promote all aspects of health and socialization
We look forward to connecting with you!
Through coaching, presentations, and interactive discussions we'll help you make positive choices that will influence and improve your health and outlook on life. A light meal is served at each session. We'll also provide weekly blood pressure and weight checks, along with pre- and post- lifestyle assessments and fingerstick A1c screening. Join our FREE Info Session on 9/9/19 at 7 p.m. to learn more. Textbooks include a New York Times Best Seller. Couples may sign up together for a price that includes one set of books. Don't miss this great opportunity. Sign up today! You can be a satisfied Alumnus, too!
News & Events
Keene Business Expo & Health Fair
Southwestern Adventist University Serves the Community
SWAU Announces New Wellness-Focused Quality Enhancement Plan
- 100% of junior and senior nursing students served thousands of DFW residents at the dental, vision, and medical care focused Your Best Pathway to Health.
- Members of our faculty lead a grant-funded community assessment research project which has guided recent community health education programming.
- Nursing students received Hearing, Vision, and Scoliosis training and regularly lead out in providing these screenings for students in the community.
Sample Job Titles
- Statistically significant results were realized for reduction in weight, BMI (body-mass index), HgbA1c, and systolic blood pressure for two cohorts of attendees of our Reversing Diabetes program.
- Our students participated in Service Day in 2018 and 2019, helping our neighbors and other community residents in a variety of ways.
community residents have been
positively influenced by the
Reversing Diabetes program