Center for Wellness Integration
The Center for Wellness Integration represents Southwestern Adventist University's commitment to serve our community and surrounding areas. To do this, our faculty, staff, and students are working together to:
- Advocate for the health and wellness of community resident.
- Utilize the experience and expertise of campus leaders and professors in collaboration with students to serve area communities in meaningful ways.
- Support and partner with area initiatives and agencies in pursuit of assessing needs and developing and implementing interventions to promote all aspects of health and socialization.
Our Mission is to: Partner with community representatives and agencies to provide support for the well-being of our neighbors.
Our Vision is focused upon: Collaboration with the community to support engagement in whole-person wellness enterprises.
News & Events
Southwestern Adventist University Serves the Community
Southwestern Adventist University to Host Keene Chamber Business Expo
SWAU Announces New Wellness-Focused Quality Enhancement Plan
About The Center
- 100% of junior and senior nursing students served thousands of DFW residents at the dental, vision, and medical care focused Your Best Pathway to Health.
- Members of our faculty lead a grant-funded community assessment research project which has guided recent community health education programming.
- Nursing students received Hearing, Vision, and Scoliosis training and regularly lead out in providing these screenings for students in the community.
- Statistically significant results were realized for reduction in weight, BMI (body-mass index), HgbA1c, and systolic blood pressure for two cohorts of attendees of our Reversing Diabetes program.
- Our students participated in Service Day in 2018 and 2019, helping our neighbors and other community residents in a variety of ways.
community residents have been
positively influenced by the
Reversing Diabetes program