The Center for Wellness Integration represents Southwestern Adventist University's commitment to serve our community and surrounding areas. To do this, our faculty, staff, and students are working together to:
- Advocate for the health and wellness of community resident.
- Utilize the experience and expertise of campus leaders and professors in collaboration with students to serve area communities in meaningful ways.
- Support and partner with area initiatives and agencies in pursuit of assessing needs and developing and implementing interventions to promote all aspects of health and socialization.
Our Mission is to: Partner with community representatives and agencies to provide support for the well-being of our neighbors.
Our Vision is focused upon: Collaboration with the community to support engagement in whole-person wellness enterprises.
News & Events
Keene Business Expo & Health Fair
Southwestern Adventist University Serves the Community
Southwestern Adventist University to Host Keene Chamber Business Expo
SWAU Announces New Wellness-Focused Quality Enhancement Plan
About The Center
- 100% of junior and senior nursing students served thousands of DFW residents at the dental, vision, and medical care focused Your Best Pathway to Health.
- Members of our faculty lead a grant-funded community assessment research project which has guided recent community health education programming.
- Nursing students received Hearing, Vision, and Scoliosis training and regularly lead out in providing these screenings for students in the community.
- Statistically significant results were realized for reduction in weight, BMI (body-mass index), HgbA1c, and systolic blood pressure for two cohorts of attendees of our Reversing Diabetes program.
- Our students participated in Service Day in 2018 and 2019, helping our neighbors and other community residents in a variety of ways.
community residents have been
positively influenced by the
Reversing Diabetes program