Dinosaur & Fossil Class Experience
Fossil Preparator Training and Certification Course
We are excited to offer a new Fossil Preparator Training and Certification Course. This course will meet for an entire day of sessions and will provide training in the basics of paleontology and fossil excavation, preparation, preservation and curation.
These sessions will be taught by our experienced staff members and will cover the following topic(s):
- Learn about the basic principles of paleontology and the history of our museum and project.
- Learn how to properly excavate and jacket fossils.
- Learn how to clean, stabilize and repair fossils.
- Learn how photography, casting and 3D-printing of bones are important elements of paleontology and gain a better understanding of museum curation.
This is a rare opportunity to learn the science and process of dinosaur excavation and preparation! Ordinarily, a person would have to attend a dig and travel to Wyoming to receive this experience, but for the first time ever, we are bringing the dig to you! Whether you are a child interested in paleontology, a high schooler taking biology, a college student looking to build your resume or a retiree seeking a new hobby, this course is for you!
The course is just $200 for the entirety of the sessions and will be held on the campus of Southwestern Adventist University. Classes are being limited to 8 individuals per day of sessions and will be divided into youth (6 - 15) and adult sections (16 and over). Usually, the classes will be offered on Sundays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter or follow us on social media to stay informed on when the next round of classes will become available!
* Future class dates are still pending
Students per class
Day of sessions
For the entire course