Graduate Student Admission Requirements
Southwestern Adventist University offers a Master of Education and a Master of Arts in Counseling with emphasis in school counseling and counseling psychology. They are designed to give students a high level of interactive learning experience with professors who are skilled and current in their areas of expertise. Professors are intentional in allowing students to interact and share with each other in the teaching and learning process thus preparing them to experience the synergy of team work. Come join our family of intellectuals where we have maintained a 100% pass rate in our external State and National Exams, and where you are given the tools to succeed as you transition in the world of work. Success awaits you at Southwestern!
Requirements and Procedures
- Submit Online Application
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate college or university coursework including evidence of the completion of a baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a comparable degree from a foreign academic institution.
- Students applying for graduate admission must submit the following documents to the Admissions Office:
- A score of 590 or higher based on the undergraduate cumulative GPA x 100 + GRE score (combines verbal and quantitative sections).
- Appropriate documentation for a certified background check.
- Evidence of English language proficiency.
- Written recommendations from two individuals knowing the applicant’s professional ability, personal character, and intellectual promise for pursuing successful graduate study.
- An essay of 500-750 words that describes some of the most important experiences of your life and how they have shaped the person you have become. Also, describe how continuing your education at Southwestern Adventist University will fit into your goals for the future.
- Submit application fee of $50.00
Additional documents may be required by the academic department offering the desired degree program. Applicants will not be considered for admission until all documents and application fee have been submitted.
Application Deadlines - All documents must be submitted by these dates for specific semesters
August 1 Application deadline for fall – all documents must be submitted
November 1 Application deadline for spring – all documents must be submitted
April 1 Application deadline for summer – all documents must be submitted
Complete applications submitted after the deadline will be assessed a $100 late application fee.