The University graduate will:
- Have knowledge in the humanities/fine arts, social/behavioral sciences, natural sciences and mathematics.
- Be able to communicate effectively through the spoken word, the written word, and the use of other abstract symbol systems.
- Be able to think critically and solve problems.
- Possess the attributes of growth: ability, tolerance, self-reliance, compassion, and a love of learning.
- Have a commitment to high moral and ethical standards.
- Have knowledge of Seventh-day Adventist values and beliefs.
- Possess leadership skills and a commitment to service.
- Possess the knowledge, skills, and personal attributes to function effectively in the workplace.
- Possess cultural sensitivity and a global perspective.
- In Fall, 2018 the retention rate was 64% for first-time students pursuing bachelor’s degree returning from the 2017 – 2018 cohort.
- 4-year average Student Right-to-Know Completion or Graduation rate 44% for 2012 cohort.
Placement of Employment*
Job Placement Rates (130 graduates)
- 81% employed in their profession
- 10% furthering their studies in graduate school
- 6% not working or taking advance studies in their field of study
- 3% unaccounted for
- Types of Graduate and Professional Education Graduates are Enrolled
- Most of our graduates who continue with their education do so at Loma Linda University or here at Southwestern Adventist University.
*This information was obtained from students’ surveyed by faculty and staff during the spring 2018 semester for graduates in 2016 – 2017 academic year.